Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whole Grain Pancake Mix


I recently came across this recipe from my sister-in-law Katherine. She is a wonder woman. As this recipe falls into the 'easy healthy breakfast' category, I knew I had to try it! This mix is easy to whip together and makes wonderful pancakes. The only issue I have is that with a family of seven, I have to double the recipe and it gets used up fast. My family LOVES pancakes, and I love that this mix allows me a few extra minutes in the morning. Yay!

Whole Grain Pancake Mix
by Katherine J.

1 1/2 cup dry milk
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milled flax (optional) (I'll have a post about flax later next week)

Mix together and store in an airtight container. To make pancakes: measure out 1 1/2 cups dry mix and add 1 beaten egg, 1 cup water, and 1 Tbsp. oil. Cook on a buttered skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails