Thursday, February 24, 2011

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now I hesitate to call anything 'perfect'. But these cookies come pretty darn close. I got this recipe awhile ago from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. That girl knows what she's talking about! I was intrigued by this recipe because of the unusual use of traditional chocolate chip cookie ingredients. Usually, melted butter in a cookie recipe = spread out runny cookies. Not so here. And one egg + one egg yolk? I'd never tried that either, but again it seemed to work. This is my new favorite cookie recipe! These cookies turned out....perfectly!!

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/8 cups flour (10.5 ounces) (measure your flour, it really works!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
12 T. (1.5 sticks) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 C. light brown sugar (7 oz.) (I only used about 1T., because I ran out)
1/2 C. granulated sugar (I used a scant cup of organic cane sugar, and that was all)
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (I only used 1 cup)


Preheat oven to 350. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well mixed. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix well until batter has lightened in color, about 2 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips at the same time. Mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon-sized balls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and just lightly browned. Don't overbake! Try not to eat them all at once.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Heather for stopping by my blog! Yes I guess Heathers do think alike! And thanks for making me crave chocolate chip cookies! LOL! I think I will have to make these.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails