Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Omelet Squares


At our house, we eat breakfast together every morning. Every. Morning. Which means unless I want my kids to eat cold cereal every day, which I do not, I am constantly trying to come up with things to eat that are quick and easy. And healthy. It's no easy job people. I recently found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and I knew I had to try it. This is such a great recipe because it's quick to prepare, and the possibilities are endless. You could add any veggies or meat you want to make this a different dish every time. This would even be great for dinner! One other note: the original recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of cheese. I didn't add any cheese and it was fabulous. Cheese is always good though! (A little too good, that's why I didn't add any!)
:)

Omelet Squares

12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, to taste
veggies (I used red onion and mushrooms)
meat (I used ham)

Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a skillet, saute the veggies and meat until the veggies are soft and the meat is warmed through. Place the meat/veggie mixture in the bottom of the 9x13 pan. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour this over the meat/veggies, but do not stir.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set and lightly browned on top. Cool slightly, cut and serve. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails