Sunday, October 31, 2010

Banana Bread Makeover


I love banana bread. I've made all different kinds, from cream cheese frosted, chocolate chip infused, to sour cream varieties. I had a few nasty bananas just begging to be mixed up into something, so here is what I came up with. I found this recipe over at the Clean Eating Club. I was a little skeptical because this recipe has no butter, sour cream, or white sugar, and only uses egg whites. But guess what - it's delicious! I was happy to find this recipe, and I think it will be my go-to for banana bread from now on.

Healthy Banana Bread

1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 C. mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3)
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. canola oil
pinch of salt

Coat an 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. Mash bananas and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt and set aside. In another large bowl combine egg whites, banana, brown sugar, and oil. Add dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from bread pan and cool completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails