Monday, May 3, 2010

Make-Your-Own Chicken Salad

Last week I wanted to make some chicken salad wraps. I had a good recipe, but when it came time to make it, the recipe was nowhere to be found. All I could remember was that it called for 4 cups of cooked chicken, and 1 cup of mayonnaise. So, I improvised and this is what I came up with. It was so good, we could hardly stop eating it! This is a great recipe, because if you use the amounts for the chicken and mayo, you can add practically anything else you want. Here is what I used:

Make-Your-Own Chicken Salad

4 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light cucumber ranch dressing
shredded mozzarella cheese
red seedless grapes, cut in half
chopped celery
sliced almonds
dried cranberries

Cook and shred your chicken, and let it cool. Mix the chicken with 1 cup of mayo, or a combination of mayo and ranch dressing. Then be creative! I just added a little of each ingredient until it looked (and tasted) how we liked it. You could use pecans or walnuts instead of the almonds, add some onion if you like it, leave out the cheese, or add a different kind....lots of possibilities! Serve this with tortillas, croissants, flat bread, or pita chips. It's also good straight out of the bowl - not that I'VE ever tried that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails