Monday, April 26, 2010

Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pineapple? In chocolate chip cookies? Yes. And it's good too! When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. I was curious, to say the least. These are great cookies. They are a little more cakey than regular chocolate chip cookies, and not quite as buttery, which I really liked. The pineapple keeps them really moist, and gives them a nice fresh flavor. This recipe as written makes about 5 dozen cookies, so if you don't need quite that many, you could certainly half all of the amounts to get a regular sized batch.

Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup shortening (I used butter, because that's all I had. It worked fine)

1 cup sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

2 cans (8 oz. each) crushed pineapple, drained

2 tsp. vanilla extract

4 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but they're great)

In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Beat in pineapple and vanilla. Add flour, soda, powder, and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails