Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

This is a great recipe for pancakes. It has a few more ingredients and takes a little more time than some pancake recipes, so I only make these occasionally, but my kids are ecstatic when I do. It's got a little spice kick to it, and the pumpkin adds some health benefits and great flavor too. The batter for the original recipe is quite thick, so I always adjust the milk to get the consistency I like. These are fluffy yummy good, and fill you right up.

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups flour
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground allspice (I used 1/2 tsp., which I thought was plenty)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups milk + 2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil


Mix together the milk and vinegar, and let it sit. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the milk, pumpkin, egg, and oil, and stir to combine.


Heat an electric griddle to 325. Scoop out 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails