Monday, March 8, 2010

Out with the old...

You may have noticed that this blog has been a little dead lately. I've still been cooking up a storm, but things have gotten a little busy. We are on the brink of starting a new project: a kitchen remodel.
I've never really liked our kitchen. When we built our house, the dimensions of the room the way I wanted it and the way it actually got built were different so I wasn't able to configure it the way we had planned. Not a huge deal really, but I've always had the kitchen of my dreams in the back of my head. Another mistake we made was putting Alder cabinets in the kitchen. Alder wood is very soft, and most of our cabinets look like they've been run over. This whole thing started when we noticed that it was time to refinish our floors. We were starting to get some bare spots in the wood, so we needed to do something. Then we looked at our cabinets, which were falling apart, and our dishwasher, which has been on its last leg for a long time, and our counter tops that all have gouges in them....and the whole thing just snowballed.

Here are the before pictures:

When it's done it's going to look a whole lot different. So, for now this blog will be less about great food and more about kitchen remodeling. I definitely wanted to document the process. During part of the process I won't have use of my kitchen at all for about 2 weeks, so that should be interesting! The whole thing is scheduled to take about six weeks total. We're keeping our fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails