Friday, March 12, 2010

Banana Cake

I love this recipe for banana cake. In fact, I make this so often I can't believe I haven't posted it already. I make this with whole wheat flour, decrease the sugar it calls for, and throw in some walnuts so that I can make myself feel like it's at least a little healthy. It has fruit in it, right?? My family always cheers when I make this, because we usually eat the leftovers for breakfast the next morning with some oatmeal. Yummy! And it's so easy you can make it even when your kitchen is torn apart. Bonus.

Banana Cake

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar (I use about 1 cup, which is plenty!)
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream (I sometimes leave this out, and I can't even tell)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour (whole wheat is fabulous)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (mashing bananas is a good job for little kids)


Preheat oven to 350. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the sour cream if you're using it. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix well. Stir in the mashed bananas and up to 1 cup of nuts if you want to add those. Spread evenly into a greased 10x15 cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When these are cooled, you can drizzle them with a glaze made of powdered sugar and a little milk mixed together.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you deleted your family blog. This looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I sure didn't. In fact, I was just over there. I just haven't posted in awhile. In fact, I will make a post right now just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails