Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Treat!

Here is a fun treat to make for Valentine's Day. This is great to make with kids, or if you need a quick treat to take somewhere, this is a really easy one to do yourself. These are just regular Rice Krispie treats tinted pink and cut into a heart shape with a cookie cutter. I actually made these for some treat bags for my daughter's pre-school party. I was the 'helper' for the day and was in charge of treats. I have no idea how her pre-school teacher keeps that up every day. After 2 and a half hours, I am ready for a nap! Have a great Valentine's weekend! On Monday I'll actually have a recipe for something healthy. YAY!


Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats


3 Tbsp. butter
6 cups mini-marshmallows
8 cups rice cereal
red food coloring
heart shaped cookie cutter


Spray a 12x15 cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a large pot, melt the butter on medium low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are almost all dissolved and smooth. Take the pot off of the heat. Add a few drops of red food coloring and stir. I added a dash of vanilla at this point. I don't know why, I just felt like it. :) Then add the rice cereal and stir until combined. Turn the mixture out onto the cookie sheet and press evenly into the pan. Let them cool for a couple of minutes, and then use the cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. I put mine on some cooling racks so they could firm up a little bit. Then I put them in a cute bag with a fruit snack: They were a big hit!





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails