Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blueberry Nut Crunch Cake

Seriously, I need to stop making these fabulous desserts. But this recipe is SO easy and SO good, I had to share it. I made this last Sunday in between mashing potatoes and making gravy. It's really quick - my husband saw me making it and said, "Wow, I bet I could even make that!" And yes, he definitely could. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm craving some! :)

Blueberry Nut Crunch Cake

1 can crushed pineapple, 20 oz. - undrained
3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (I just filled up a 2 cup liquid measure with frozen blueberries, and that seemed about right.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan. Dump the pineapple in the pan, and spread it out. Then sprinkle the blueberries over the pineapple. Pour 1/4 cup sugar over the blueberries. Sprinkle the cake mix over that. Pour the melted butter over the cake mix. Sprinkle the other 1/4 cup sugar and nuts over the top. Do not stir. Bake for about 45 minutes. Delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails