Friday, January 22, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

Wow I love this recipe for blueberry muffins. It's so easy! Serve this with some fruit and yogurt and you have a great breakfast. They are especially good when you can use fresh blueberries. Whenever I see them on a good sale at the store, I snatch them up! But usually I just use frozen berries, which work just fine. I sometimes also use a berry blend because, of course, one of my kids doesn't like blueberries. I figure if I hide the blueberries under some happy looking raspberries, no one will notice. :)

Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh or thawed blueberries

Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add egg, oil, and milk. Mix well just until combined. Stir in blueberries. An easy way to thaw them is to put them in a colander and run some warm water over them until they start to become soft. Drain them well and mix them in.

Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full. I usually sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar on before I bake them. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I made these today as you know since I had to call you for advice--so sorry to bother you by the way. Anyway, THANKS! They're sooooo yummy! What an amazing recipe. By far the best blueberry muffin recipe out there. If I can make them, anyone can. Well done! So yummy. We had them for dessert after dinner--I know, kind of strange--but these definitely fit the bill; they were that good. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails