Friday, December 4, 2009

Paula Deen Peach Cobbler


Maybe I should call this blog "the happy accident", because that's what I've been having a lot of lately. Yesterday I attempted to make some peach topping for the pancakes I was making. The recipe called for a lot of sugar, and in my attempt to make it less sweet, I changed the ratio too much and it turned out really runny. No one in my family would touch it! So, I was left with a whole bowl of semi-sugary peachy stuff. Not wanting to throw it away, I thought about what I could do with it. Mmmm....peach cobbler! I turned to the Internet and found this great recipe from the Paula Deen Food Network site. This is Paula's recipe from that site - although I modified mine a bit because I already had the peach/syrup mixture. Some modifications you can use to make this slightly less calorie inducing are to use less butter - I used 6 T. instead of 8, and next time I would only use 4 T. You can also definitely use less sugar, it just depends on how sweet you like things. I used slightly less than 3/4 cup in the topping and it was delish!!

Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler

4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter (I used 6)
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Ground cinnamon, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails