Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cowboy Cookies


Yesterday was COLD and wintry, and I didn’t feel like doing much of anything, so I decided to bake cookies with my 2 little ones. I found this great recipe at Realmomkitchen.com for Cowboy Cookies. Did cowboys really eat these? If they didn’t, they should have! These cookies are G-O-O-D. They call for more sugar than most recipes like this, and even though I cut it down a bit, they came out sweeter and with a crisper texture than other cookies I’ve made that are similar. Yum yum.

Cowboy Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
½ cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Cream the shortening and sugars. Add vanilla and the egg and beat until well blended. Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add oats, nuts, and chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails