Friday, November 6, 2009

Yummy Fruit Sauce

Here is a recipe for a great fruit sauce. The original recipe calls for blueberries, which I usually use, but I had some lonely strawberries hanging out in my freezer so I used those and it worked great! I'm listing the original amount of sugar in the recipe, but when I make this I cut the sugar in half and it's still really good. I try to cut the sugar a little bit on everything I make and it works out just fine. What can you use this for, you ask? Come back on Monday and find out! Have a great weekend!

Fruit Sauce

1/2 cup sugar (I use 1/4 cup)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used strawberries this time)

In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in berries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stir occasionally. Serve warm or cold.

Hey! I just noticed that my photo of Apple Dumplings made the favorite photo of the day on Allrecipes.com. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails