Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tasty Tartar Sauce

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I don’t feel like cooking dinner. There, I said it! Yesterday was a crazy day and I had a sick kid at home, so by the time dinner rolled around, I was more than happy to pull the frozen fish fillets out of the freezer.

I made some rice and steamed some broccoli, but I still felt like I needed something else so at the last minute I decided to make tartar sauce. I had never made tartar sauce before, and only had a vague idea of what was in it so I did a quick internet search to give me some ideas. Here is what I came up with – and it is so good that I had to share! Now keep in mind that I didn’t measure the ingredients exactly, because I literally made this in about 2 minutes, but you can taste as you go. If you use low fat or fat free mayo, this is also a lot healthier than the regular stuff.

Tasty Tartar Sauce

1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. pickle relish
¼ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. red wine vinegar

Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl, and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails