Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Keep on Rollin'

My kids are home from school this week. I've been busy with other things and didn't plan very well for all the extra mouths to feed at lunch time. Yesterday around 11 o'clock I realized we were out of bread. I always make my own bread, but with an hour before lunch I knew I wasn't going to have time. So, I pulled out this recipe for rolls that can be made in a little over an hour. My kids loved them and all was well. Whew!

I originally got this recipe from the site Real Mom Kitchen, who got it from someone else who got it from someone named Molly. Molly, whoever you are, we all thank you.

Molly's Rolls
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (just put it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
1/3 cup sugar
1 pkg. yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 T. salt
1 egg
flour (about 4 1/2 cups - I think I used 5 cups)
In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let sit until bubbly. Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 flour at a time until it comes away from the side of the bowl. Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. Form rolls and place on greased cookie sheets. Let rise 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush with melted butter. Makes about 2 dozen.
There is also a great yeast and roll tutorial at MyKitchenCafe.com.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails