Monday, November 2, 2009

Healthy Living Monday

Happy Monday! This weekend was the dreaded 'changing of the clocks' back to standard time. Trying to adjust to that can be kind of difficult, especially if you have kids, so let's make it work to our advantage! The challenge for this week is to get up earlier. Even if it's just 20 minutes, I've found that taking time in the morning before everyone else gets up to have a few moments of peace and quiet makes a huge difference in my day. You can use that time to exercise, study, read, or just do some deep breathing. Try it, it's great!

In honor of November I have a really easy recipe for turkey that I found on Allrecipes.com:

Crock pot turkey

1 6lb. turkey breast, thawed (I've heard you can do these frozen too, but I didn't try that)
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Put the turkey breast in the crock pot. Rub the Lipton soup all over it. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
That's it! So easy and good. The original recipe said to cook the turkey on high for 1 hour, and low for 7 more hours. I just did low the entire time, and mine was done in 6 hours. I guess it depends on your crock pot - mine tends to cook fast. This would be so great for Thanksgiving because you could do the turkey breast in the crock pot and your oven would be free for other things. Tomorrow I'll have a great recipe for stuffing.



2 comments:

  1. Jeremy definitely takes advantage of the morning. He's up at 5:00 am. Boston usually wakes me up at 5:30 am. Do toddlers eventually learn the concept of sleeping in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in our house they don't. I think it's a Weber thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails