Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

I recently had a "happy accident" while cooking. I was actually trying to make homemade Oreos, where you put 2 cookies together with some frosting in-between. I had never made them before, and wasn't really sure how they were supposed to go. SO, when the cookies came out of the oven, they were too puffy and large to eat two at the same time. Also, I didn't realize it until I had the frosting ingredients in the mixer that I was almost out of powdered sugar. I hate it when that happens! This resulted in frosting that was way too runny for the big fat cookies I was trying to put together. I finally gave up, added some mint flavoring to the frosting, and wa-la! Chocolate cake mix cookies with mint frosting that everyone loved! I will definitely make these again with my modified version. I will list the original recipe for Oreos in case you want to try to get them to work! Happy baking!

Oreo Cookies

1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs

Mix the ingredients and roll into small balls. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-9 minutes. When they are done baking, take out the pan and drop it once on the cupboard to flatten the cookies. (This did NOT work for me). Cool and frost the bottoms if you are trying to put 2 cookies together. Good luck with that!! :)

Frosting:

Mix 4 oz. cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. soft margarine or butter, and 2 cups powdered sugar. (You might want to check to see if you have all of these ingredients before you make this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails