Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The art of the Pomegranate

Oooh. I have found a new friend. It’s called a pomegranate! I had never eaten a pomegranate before, but I was in Wal-Mart the other day and I saw that beautiful red fruit calling my name, so I purchased one.


Then I got home and thought, ok, now what? So here is what I did:

First, I cut it in half.


Then in fourths.

I filled a bowl with water, and submerged each section in the water while I scraped the seeds out of each part. If you do this in water, all of the non-edible part will float to the top, so you can just scoop it off.



Then I rinsed the seeds, or arils, in a strainer, and they were ready for snacking! Mmmmm….

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's actually wicked helpful because I bought a pomegranate a few weeks ago and butchered that sucker... and made a large mess in the process.

    Thanks for helping the kitchen challenged!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails