Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Picky Princess (and some GOOD enchiladas)

I made enchiladas for dinner last night. As I took them out of the oven, my 4-year-old daughter gave them one look and ran away yelling, "Ooooh! Those are disgusting! I'm not eating those!" Yes people, this is what I put up with. So, I gave her a choice - she could eat them and like it, or go to her room until we were all done eating. She chose option #1 and guess what? She decided they weren't disgusting after all. I'll bet if you try them, you won't run away screaming either.

Chicken Enchiladas
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 cup Cheddar cheese
1 pkg. tortillas (I used Mission Whole Wheat tortillas, they are yummy!)
3 chopped green onions
Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and onions. Add a little milk to thin it out (1/4 to 1/2 cup). Save about 1/2 cup of the sauce to put over the top. Mix the chicken and 1/2 of the cheese with the rest of the sauce. Put a few tablespoons on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled up tortillas in a 9x13 pan. Pour reserved sauce over tortillas. Top with cheese. I also put olives on half for those of us who like them. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails