Friday, October 23, 2009

Honey Pecan Pork Chops

This is a fabulous recipe for pork chops. I just buy the average boneless pork loin chops - not the really thin or really thick ones. This is nice enough to make for company, but easy enough for a weeknight.

Honey Pecan Pork Chops

6-8 boneless pork loin chops
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup flour for coating
1/2 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans

In a shallow dish mix together flour, salt, pepper, sage, and thyme. Dredge pork in the flour mixture. In a large skillet or fry pan set to 325, melt butter. Add chops and brown on both sides until just no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds). Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve. YUMMY!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you loved to cook so much. I thought you learned to enjoy it because you're a mother of five. Oh how I wish I had your talent and desire. I do NOT enjoy cooking. It's definitely a chore for me. Maybe with practicing with yours and others recipes I'll enjoy cooking more. It's hard to cook for an apraxic little dude and a VERY picky hubby. I've got a new goal though, (one I set back about two months ago) and I'm determined to cook healthy foods that my family will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to cook, but I think it's harder with 5 kids. Some of them like broccoli, some don't, one doesn't like bananas, two don't like blueberries, some don't like ground beef...it seems like whatever I make someone doesn't like it! So, I try to find things that will please most everyone. Cooking is just like everything, it gets easier with practice. You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails