Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Monday!

It's Monday again, and this is the last week of October! I can't believe how fast this year is going. This is the time of year I like to call "treat season", because from now until about January, it seems like there are parties, treats, and yummy things to eat everywhere you look. SO, every Monday I'm going to issue a Healthy Living challenge. This week the challenge is: exercise 20 minutes at least three times a week. Exercise is so good for you in so many ways. It helps you sleep better, deal with daily stress better, and you just generally look and feel better. And 20 minutes out of a whole day is like no time at all. I dragged myself out of bed at 6:00 this morning for a date with my elliptical machine. When I was done, I said "take that Snickers bar!" Yeah, I'm weird like that, but my husband got a good laugh out of it. :) Ok, here is a great recipe for breadsticks. I make these with whole wheat flour, and they are mmm-mmm good.

Easy Breadsticks

1 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Cups flour (plus enough to knead in until the bowl comes clean)
2 Tbsp. butter
Parm cheese or garlic salt to sprinkle on the top

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, and enough flour so that bowl comes clean. Knead 3 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. While it's resting, melt butter and spread half on an 11x17 cookie sheet. Roll out dough on the cookie sheet, and cut with a pizza cutter across the center and down the cookie sheet to make breadsticks. Spread the other half of melted butter on top of dough. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and garlic salt if you want. Cover with a towel and let rise 10-20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my breadstick post. Your breadsticks look delightful - all neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails