Friday, October 30, 2009

Fun Halloween treat

Yesterday I wanted to do something fun with my little kids while the big kids were at school. So, I opened up my cookbook and found this recipe on a half sheet of paper stuck under some other recipes. I don't recall ever making these before, but they are easy and good! They're not the kind of sugar cookies you need to put frosting on - you can just eat them plain or sprinkle a little colored sugar on them before baking. I went a little crazy with the food coloring in honor of Halloween, but these would be just as fine looking like a plain old cookie! Have a great Halloween!!


Easy Sugar Cookies
2 3/4 cups flour (it calls for all-purpose, but I used whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350. Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Roll a tablespoon or so of dough into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until just brown on the edges. Let these stand on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before you remove them to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails