Thursday, October 29, 2009

Busy day dinner

Yesterday was insanity at our house, at least for me. On Wednesdays I spend most of the day driving people to and from their various schools and activities. On top of that, I had a dentist appointment (one cavity, ahhh!), and my 2 year old decided that yesterday would be a good day to forget how to use the potty. By dinner time, I was spent. Here is a recipe for sloppy joes that can be made and on the table super quick. I found these great new sandwich rolls that I used for the buns. They are Oroweat Sandwich Thins, and I love them! They are a cross between pita bread and a sandwich roll. I've never had good success making my own hamburger buns and I don't like most of them from the store, so these worked great!

Sloppy Joes

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Drain. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Simmer for 30 minutes, or just until you get everything else on the table.

So have you taken the challenge to exercise 3 times this week? Today is Thursday, you can still do it if you start today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails